The Committee on Committees and Rules appoints the Chair and members of all other standing committees, except the Committee on Budget and Planning and, unless the appointment is made by the Academic Senate itself, all special committees. It also serves as a nominating committee to submit names of candidates for election as officers of the Senate. The committee continuously evaluates and proposes changes in the rules of the Senate. Its members are elected directly by the Academic Senate and include the Vice Chair of the Senate ex officio (Faculty Handbook, June 2006, I.A.4.a).
Members of this committee are elected by the Senate for three-year terms and may serve no more than three consecutive terms. The Chair is elected by members of the committee and must be a member of the Senate.
The expiration dates of elected senators' terms are shown in parentheses. The term ends in August.
- Dr. Patrick Tuite, Associate Professor, Drama, Rome School of Music, Drama, and Art, (2022), Chair
- Prof. Mary Leary, Ordinary Professor, Columbus School of Law, Vice Chair of Senate, ex officio
- Dr. Eileen Dombo, Associate Professor, National Catholic School of Social Service (2022)
- Dr. Gregory Doolan, Associate Professor, School of Philosophy (2022)
- Dr. Ingrid Hsieh-Yee, Ordinary Professor, Library and Information Science, School of Arts and Sciences (2022)
- Dr. Binh Tran, Associate Professor, Biomedical Engineering, School of Engineering (2022)